A HVAC technician is a qualified expert who has the skills and knowledge to install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation and air condition systems. They can work across the field of HVAC services, or specialise in one particular area. Regardless, their job is to ensure that your entire system – from the central unit through to the ductwork and vents – are efficient and operational so that everyone in the workplace can enjoy clean and comfortable air. At Air-rite, our team of expert HVAC technicians are dedicated to getting the job done to a standard that exceeds our client’s expectations.
What Does a HVAC Technician Do?
HVAC technicians are trained professionals who are responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems in residential, commercial or industrial locations. Depending on their area of speciality, a HVAC technician will spend their day looking over blueprints, installing new systems, testing parts and components, replacing damaged equipment, and ensuring that your HVAC system is running as smoothly as possible.
The tasks of a HVAC technician will vary from job to job, but their goal is always to ensure that the indoor air quality of a building or worksite is of a high quality through the installation, servicing or repair of an effective and efficient HVAC system.
What Licensing do HVAC Technicians Require?
When choosing a HVAC technician, you will want to make sure that they have acquired all the relevant licenses and qualifications to justify their credibility. In Queensland, you’ll want to use a HVAC technician that has obtained the following:
- Quality Assurance Certificate – denotes that the company has an internal quality assurance process.
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission – licenses in Mechanical Services – air conditioning and refrigeration, plumbing.
- Electrical Contractors License – qualifies electrical work for others.
- CFC Certification – gives permission to work on equipment such as HVAC systems that use chlorofluorocarbon by-products.
- Australian Refrigerant Council License – allows technicians to work on equipment that uses refrigerants within Australia.
- Are members of the R.A.C.C.A (Refrigerator and Air Conditioning Contractors Association), A.I.R.A.H (Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning & Heating), and Australian Standards Association.
- Are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
Air-rite is fully licensed in all of these areas and our HVAC technicians are equipped with all the training they need to complete the job to a high standard.
Finding a HVAC Technician Near Me
Air-rite’s HVAC technicians can be mobilised throughout South East Queensland. We can provide our commercial and industrial air conditioning services across Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Redlands, Logan, Ipswich and Toowoomba.
Our HVAC technicians are flexible to work overtime, on the weekend, and after hours. Whether you need to have a new system installed, require HVAC maintenance work or emergency repairs, the technicians at Air-rite are committed to making sure that your indoor air remains healthy and comfortable.
Air-rite’s HVAC Technicians
Air-rite’s crew of capable and highly skilled HVAC technicians are committed to helping install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. If you own a business or a commercial building in South East Queensland and are in need of a HVAC technician for a range of jobs, then the choice is easy. Choosing Air-rite means choosing leaders in air who are dedicated to completing every job to the highest possible standard.
If you are looking for an expert HVAC technician, then reach out to us today on 07 3274 2199.