Since 1935, Fujitsu has established itself as a prominent Japanese information and communication technology company (ICT). Although mostly known for its electronic devices, IT products and support systems, Fujitsu also successfully produces car audio/video systems and air conditioners. In this short review you will learn about the Lifestyle Range Air Conditioner: ASTG12KMCA.
Fujitsu’s Lifestyle design of air conditioners is at the top of the range when it comes to energy efficiency. The Lifestyle Range series includes human sensor control system, which detects movement of the people in the room, and controls the temperature. If after 20 minutes there is no motion detected, the system will switch the air conditioner to saving mode. Different features like low noise mode, economy operation, and program timers, make Lifestyle Range products very user friendly. Air Rite Mechanical is a proud partner of Fujitsu.
Description: Fujitsu ASTG12KMCA is an elegant piece of equipment. Its design should easily blend in most of the home decors. This simply-customized and stylish electronic device is surprisingly unnoticeable in the room. The outdoor unit is improved with Blue Fin treatment, so it is resistant to corrosion.
This air conditioner is convenient for both small and medium-sized rooms. Thanks to its 3.5kW cooling and 3.7kW heating capacity, this air conditioner easily adjusts to the temperature outside.
- Height: 268 mm
- Width: 840 mm
- Depth: 203 mm
- Weight: 8.5 kg
- Cooling capacity: 3,500 Watts/11.900 BTU/h
- Range: 900-4.100 Watts/3.100—13.900 BTU/h
- Heating capacity: 3.700 Watts/12.600 BTU/h
- Range: 900-5.600 Watts/3.100-19.100
- Power Supply (Volts): 240
- Phase Frequency (Ph – Hz): 1-50
- Power Supply Attachment: Outdoor
- Running Current, Cooling: 4.2 Amps
- Running Current, Range: Max 6.5 Amps
- Input, Cooling: 860 Watts
- Input, Range: 250-1.380 Watts
- Running Current, Heating: 4.0 Amps
- Running Current, Range: Max 9.0 Amps
- Input, Heating: 810 Watts
- Moisture Removal: 1.8 l/hr
- E.E.R.-Cooling: 4.07
- C.O.P.-Heating: 4.5
- Fan Speed: 4
- Air circulation, High: 200 l/s
- Compressor Type: DC Rotary
- I.U. Sound Pressure Level: 42 (dBA@1mtr)
- O.U. Sound Pressure Level 49 (dBA@1mtr)
- O.U. Sound Power Level (dBA)
- Refrigerant Type: R32
- Connection Pipe Sizes, Gas: 9.52 mm
- Connection Pipe Sizes, Liquid: 6.35 mm
- Pre Charged Length: 20 m
- Maximum Pipe Length: 20 m
- Maximum Pipe Height: 15 m
- Pipe Connection Methods: Flareless (indoor) / Flare (Outdoor)
- Outdoor operating temperature, cooling C°: 10 to 46
- Outdoor operating temperature, heating C°:-15 to 24
Fujitsu ASTG12KMCA has a range of features which establish its place among the top air conditioners on the market.
Some of its comfort functions include:
- 10°C heat operation –the room temperature can be set to never go lower than 10°C.
- up/down/right/left automatic swing louvre
- auto shut louvre – the louvres close open when the unit stops or starts
- automatic air flow adjustment – the airflow changes according to the room temperature
- auto restart of the unit– in case of a power loss
Fujitsu invests efforts in providing convenience functions as well:
- sleep timer – the room temperature gradually changes during the night
- program timer – offering 4 options: ON, OFF, ON ->OFF, OFF->ON.
- filter sign – signals how much dust is in the air of the room
- low noise mode of the outdoor unit fan speed and of the compressor speed
- super quiet mode of the indoor units
As mentioned, Fujitsu’s Lifelong Range is devoted in providing energy efficient solutions. ASTG12KMCA air conditioner is no exception, and performs the following functions:
- human sensor – the unit works only if there is motion in the room
- demand control – thanks to its compatibility with Air Conditioning Demand Response Program, the air conditioner chooses a suitable operation, according to your electricity supplier.
- economy mode – saves energy while the air conditioner is operating
No matter how good your technical device is in performing its primary functions, its maintenance is also an important aspect to consider. Fujitsu air conditioner has an easily-washable panel, as well as two high quality filters. Apple-catechin filter absorbs dust, spores and microorganisms and inhibits their further development with the help of an apple-based chemical substance. Deodorisation filter completes the process by decomposing different odors.
All Air Conditioning systems sold in Australia are sold under a 5-year warranty provided by Fujitsu General (Aust.) Pty Limited. To make sure your air conditioner is set and maintained properly, contact Air Rite Mechanical, and relax.
Nothing testifies on the product’s quality like the experience of its users. Most of Fujitsu air conditioner customers state that the model ASTG12KMCA fulfilled the company’s promises of being quiet, efficient, fast, and cheap even without the energy saving option. However, some customers weren’t completely satisfied with the noise reduction option, since the outdoor unit and the heating mode tend to be a bit noisy occasionally.
Nonetheless, Fujitsu ASTG12KMCA air conditioner seems like a reliable ally in providing comfort in your home.